Bad News About Rice Paper

While talking to Heidi from Hahnemuhle I discovered that I cant get 17" roll of the paper nor A3 sheets they are only in 24", 36", 44" and A4. When finding this out I dropped Heidi an email seeing if they can do me a 17" roll or A3 sheets, Heidi asked the mill but unfortunately they cant :(.

A while ago before trying the rice paper and talking to Metro I was looking at using paper from Awagami as they are a Japanese company that use bamboo in some of their paper Im looking at the Awagami Bamboo 170 gsm its thinner than the Hahnemuhle version and 70gsm thicker than the Rice Paper.

Im not going to order my paper till I get my portfolio this will ensure I will get the right paper type but I'm sure A3+ will be best as my portfolio is meant for A3
Silverprint is the cheapest I have found.

Awagami Bamboo Paper 170 gsm A3+ 10 sheets

No comments:

Post a Comment