Exhibition framing

The images I'm going to be exhibiting are of Tokyo below
It show my love for Japan and my work that I'v gone there to photograph and made me want to do anything I can to live there (also looks good on the uni and course ;) ).

I started looking at the images being exhibited via a light box I saw 1 or 2 at last years degree show but they looked very cheap and were A4 or less. I'm looking at printing at the size of A3 or A2, I have 5 sheets of Bamboo paper left which is A3+ but the images should be bigger so I'm going to print A2 photo rag duo as I have been told you don't see the texture of the paper as much when the glass is mounted on top.

'Twilight', White Cube, London - Gregory Crewdson -  - 15846

I prefer having black frames the colours stand out more that important for my images. Gregory Crewdons for instance is one of many photographers who has framed their images with black frames, I find myself looking at the images not having a distracting white border.

We have been told to hang the work in a specific way using a particular hangers I believe they're flush mounts which would be £1-3, they wont be hard to put on the back of my frames.
I'm looking at A2 frames, I just need to confirm with a technician that the print will do A2 exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment