Japan Summery

Going to Tokyo was an amazing experience seeing the city (what I had time for) was the best thing I have done I liked it so much I want to go back!

I didn't find a massive culture shock I felt more comfortable there than I do in England, if there was less of a language barrier there wouldn't be a issue.

unfortunately I wasn't able to arrange a photoshoot but I was able to take some amazing night images seen on my website http://www.jcleaver.com/2973753-tokyo-at-night 

Going to Shinjuku and Shibuya (obviously Harajuku district) I didn't see anyone dressed in the Harajuku and sub fashions even going on Thursdays and Sundays after reading read that these are the days more people are hanging around.
 I would have loved to find out more about the styles that have been adapted and the future of the Harajuku fashion as an article on Dazed mentioned the popularity of being in the public has decreased far from how it used to be. I remember reading on a article that many people don't mind the tourists asking for a photos but on the other hand many people do mind and mentioned Harajuku in not a zoo, that people used to go dressed in a way that expressed themselves in peace.
I believe I didn't look deep enough in the Harajuku district, but ned time I will and hopefully fluent in Japanese.

Another place I went to often was Akihabara the anime and electronic districted. being an anime and manga fan I related to the district, my love for technology I therefore enjoyed the electronic parts. There was so much to look at I spent lots of time and money in arcades, I tried to live my time there as a 22 year old citizen I didn't want as much a tourist because pop culture that influence my work would be over saturated I want to get a perspective that more suited to the truth.

3 weeks went really quick sadly I spent a few days making sure I was doing uni logbook work. unfortunately thats not being used but will be posted in my reflected journal. I created some business cards inspired by my hotel also exhibitions logos.

After seeing Tokyo I know my work is best suited there in Japan maybe elsewhere but I will have to go there more and travel to different places use the rural locations for photoshoots I want to explore and Tokyo more look uncover more of the metropolitan city in its glory. travel to Kyoto to experience the less Americanised Japan.

I know people who think everything in Japan is going to cute and manga characters skipping down the streets speaking Japanese that can easily be translated by watching anime, yes Japan is going to have its quirks it can be a weird place with cultural educates that differ to western part of the world, but in Japan they have H&M and Forever 21 shops we see in the UK, they have independent shops like Glaxxxy Rocks that has opened a Europe and North America shops but this is similar in many if not all countries. (sorry for rambling but I'm sure you get me)

P.s 1/1 scale Gundam at Driver City is top!

No comments:

Post a Comment