Promo Booklet

For my promotion, I created a mock up booklet when I was putting my portfolio together, this is to send to people I want to look at my work. I made the book with a right hand bind like Japanese book and magazines this was primarily inspired my manga. To follow the inspiration of manga when you open the booklet the western way it has a messages saying 'you are reading this backwards' this is referance to manga released in the west that has this note for people who open the book with the spine in the left.

Added my contact details on the last page so people who receive the book can contact me as package with business cards and post cards they cant not have a way to contact me unless they threw these in the bin.

The centre page I have as a triptych these images are a set and makes sense to turn these into a double page spread. showing how they look together.
The book was then hand bound together with a thread, when getting that produced doing the binding by me wont be an option but I will be looking as many options, I know getting the books bound with thread by a machine is possible.

Learning about Japanese graphic design that mixing Japanese and English is used often, I mixed y name with photographer and clipped an image on the text, I kept the characters of the Japanese writing close as you will then see more of the image clipped. I chose a portrait so the I cant use the red lips and moved to image so the lips layers over the メ character as it looks like the a kiss using an the 'X' key.

Middle, Front, Back
Stitched binding more personal, save cost 
Front and back layout
Inside back page, referance to manga
Back page has contact information
Centre page triptych 
book open
Book cover
Cover and first page

No comments:

Post a Comment